You can accept donations or tips during your Crowdcast event!
To do this, you'll need to set up Stripe (the integrated payment processing system Crowdcast uses) to accept payments, and you'll also need to turn on the Contributions feature in the event itself.
- First sign into your Crowdcast account and go to your Dashboard / Settings. Click the "Integrations" tab at the top.
- Follow the instructions to "Connect Stripe". This is where you'll be paid the donations or tips.
- Then go "My Events", and "Edit" your event.
- Click the "Advanced" tab from the left menu.
- Here you'll have the option to "Accept contributions", toggle this to "Yes". This will create a new tab next to Q&A on your main event page, that attendees can expand to donate.
When your Crowdcast event is live, you can also click on “Prompt” on your end, and it will open a module on your attendees' screens, prompting them to donate. The donate button will remain active after an event has ended, in the replay, unless you as the event host deactivate it.
Note that your plan's processing fee, the Stripe transaction fees, and minimal deposit will still apply. See processing fees here.
Can I accept payments outside of Crowdcast?
Yes, you can. You can use the Call-to-Action box on your event homepage to paste a link to an external payment page that you manage. Or check out the integration possibilities with other payment apps, like PayPal!
Note: Tipping possibilities are a bit different when it comes to an event with Adult Content – learn more here.