If you are reading this, maybe you're considering hosting livestreams for your patrons. This can be a very powerful way to increase your patronage by giving your community a way to connect with you more directly.
With Crowdcast, you can...
Host both patron-only and public livestreams
Go live in the browser for multi-party video hangouts with your patrons and talk-shows
Stream in HD from encoders like OBS and Wirecast for online concerts and livestreaming events
Simultaneously stream to Youtube, Facebook, and more
Let's walk through how to create your first Patreon event on Crowdcast.
Creating a Crowdcast and Connecting Your Patreon Account
Follow the steps here to create a new Crowdcast event that's limited to just your patrons:
Click the New Event button in the left-hand navigation menu to create a new event
Schedule your livestream and go ahead and customize any other settings
Within the Basic Info section, scroll down to Access and click on Patreon
Click on Connect my Patreon account button
5. You'll then be prompted to login to Patreon in a new tab. Once you do, you'll see a message to connect your account. Click Allow.
6. You'll be redirected to the Crowdcast Settings page, but you can close that tab and return back to your event settings tab to select which patrons can access your stream.
7. Finally, click Save to create your livestream!
That's it! You've connected your Patreon account to Crowdcast and created your first patron-only livestream. 🚀
How to Invite Your Audience
After you create your new Crowdcast, you'll be redirected to your event window.
We try keep things really simple in Crowdcast, so the Crowdcast URL is the only URL you need to know about or share with anyone. Feel free to copy it from the browser's URL bar, or click Share from within your event to copy your event URL from there.
Once you have the URL, follow these steps to share it on your Patreon page:
1. First create a new post, click Livestream, and select use Crowdcast.
2. Next paste your Crowdcast URL in the livestream input:
3. Give your post a title and description as usual.
4. In most cases, you will choose Public in the Who can see this post? section since we've already secured your Crowdcast event to just your patrons. Anyone who is not your patron and sees this post will be prompted to become a patron in order to watch your event. This will help increase your patronage by showing more people that you have a patron-only livestream happening.
5. Finally, click Publish now. No need to schedule the post since you've already set this up in Crowdcast. This will allow your audience to register, invite others, and build excitement in your livestream long before you go live.
Congrats! You've shared your patron-only Crowdcast with your patrons!
You'll notice that there is a label next to the title of your Crowdcast letting you know this livestream is limited to just your Patrons.
Because of this, you can also share your Crowdcast link directly to places like Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and more. When people click on it, they'll be prompted to login with Patreon. Here is what people will see when trying to join your event:
After they sign in with Patreon, if we detect that they're not on the correct membership level to access your Crowdcast, we'll direct them to upgrade at your Patreon memberships page 🙌🏾.
If you haven't already joined us, get a special discount for Patreon Creators by using the coupon: creator-love
Have questions or suggestions? Email us at [email protected]. Happy Crowdcasting! 🎥