- Install the Crowdcast screen sharing extension in Google Chrome right here.
- Click "Screen Share" right below your video broadcast
3. Select the window you want to share (or share your entire desktop)
4. Re-size the crowdcast window and the screen you're sharing so you can view both at the same time (Avoid this if you're sharing your entire desktop. Having the crowdcast window open will create an infinity mirror effect.)
5. Maximize the screen share by changing the focus in crowdcast, like this:
Sharing a Slide Presentation
There are a few ways to share your slides.
Full Screen – To share a Keynote presentation, follow the above steps and select "Desktop" in step 3. When you begin the keynote presentation, it'll be full screen. This means two things: 1) Your audience will see that beautiful full-screen presentation, and 2) You won't be able to see Crowdcast.
Pro-Tip: Open your crowdcast event on another device during the presentation. This will allow you to still keep an eye on the chat (:
Window Mode – There is a way to share a keynote presentation while still being about to see the Crowdcast window. When choosing what window to share in Crowdcast pick Keynote. Then press Command+Option+T to hide the tool bar. Then go to View > Slide Only and View > Hide Presenter notes to only show the slides. Now you've made the slides take up as much of the screen as possible and you can navigate back and forth with function(key labeled 'fn')+arrow.
Export to HTML – A quick export can turn your presentation into a web-friendly document with all animations and transitions in-tact.
Export your Keynote presentation to HTML and open the HTML file in Safari (not all browsers are compatible with Keynote HTML). Follow the above steps & select the window with the HTML file open in step 3.
Fullscreen – When you share your screen make sure to select "entire screen" and not just the Powerpoint window. If you don't select "entire screen" and just select the powerpoint window, when you enter presentation mode the audience won't be able to see the fullscreen.
Half-screen – In the powerpoint menu, under Slide Show > Set Up Show, select "Browsed by an individual (window)." Follow the steps above to share your powerpoint.
PDF – Exporting to PDF is super simple but also means the presentation won't have any animations. Just open the PDF document and follow the steps above.