WHAT IS CROWDCAST?
Crowdcast is a live video platform for webinars, Q & As, courses and online conferences.
REGISTERING FOR A CROWDCAST EVENT
- Navigate to the Crowdcast link provided to you by your event host.
- Click the 'Save my spot' button to register.
- Next you will be prompted to enter your email address or social media login.
- An email will be sent to confirm your registration, along with the option to add the event to your calendar.
Yes, it's really that simple!
JOINING A CROWDCAST EVENT
Once you register you will have instant access to the event page, including the polls, chat, and Q&A.
PARTICIPATING IN MULTIPLE EVENTS ON CROWDCAST
Crowdcast allows you to use one login for all of your events. In your profile you can access all of your past and upcoming events. You can personalize your profile with a picture and brief bio.
INTERACTING IN THE EVENT
Polls are located in a tab just below the video feed. Your host may add a poll prior to the event or during a live session, so be sure to check this area periodically.
Questions & Answers are also in a tab just below the video feed. This is where you can submit any questions or leave a comment on a question. Once the host has answered the question, you will be able to view it in the answered tab. You can also upvote questions that others have submitted.
Chat is located on the righthand side of the video feed. This is a great place to say hello and introduce yourself before the event goes live. Chat lets you directly communicate with the host and other attendees before, during, and after an event.
Invite on screen lets the host invite you or other participants up on screen to join them. When you're invited on screen, you can stream your audio and video and even share your screen!
Here's a quick checklist to make sure you are ready to go live:
- Join from a compatible browser (Chrome or Firefox) and device (full list here).
- If you're screen sharing, use Chrome and download the screen share extension here.
- Use headphones. This will help eliminate echo and feedback.
- Make sure you have a strong internet connection with an upload speed of at least 5Mbps (test here)
- Make sure you pass the tests in the Crowdcast setup checklist to test your network firewall and ensure your mic & camera are connected.
Once you have completed these steps, you're ready to join the host on screen. You will receive an invite from the host and be prompted to check your mic and camera.
Want to stay connected with other attendees after the live event? No problem! Just click on their name to learn more about them and to start following their profile. We also suggest following your host so you're notified the next time they go live!